Chicken Salad – Tandoori Chicken Salad
Tandoori Chicken Salad is a delicious and easy to prepare salad of tandoori chicken. The chicken salad is a mixture of vegetables, yogurt and some spices which give the dish an awesome flavor. The chicken salad can be served with nachos as well which will give the dish an unique combination. The dish was an entire experiment trying for a new thing with the tandoori chicken and it turned out to be real well. Hope you enjoy the recipe too!!
Recipe – Tandoori Chicken Salad
30 minutes for preparation
- 1/2 tandoori chicken
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon chat masala
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3-4 florets brocolli
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 5-6 lettuce leaves
- 2 small red cabbage
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon salad mixture
- 1 tablespoon eggless mayonaise
- 6-7 black peppercorns
- 4-5 garlic flakes
- 1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion sauce
- Apply lemon juice and chat masala on the tandoori chicken and leave aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Hang the yogurt in a muslin cloth for 15-20 minutes.
- Break the florets of brocoli into small florets. Heat water in a pan, add some salt and 1 teaspoon oil and let it come to a boil. Once the water starts boiling, add the florets of the brocolli and let in the hot water for nearly 3-4 minutes. Seive the brocolli and wash it under flowing water. You can also add some ice cubes during washing. This will help not to over cook the brocolli.
- Chop the lettuce leaves roughly.
- Chop red cabbage into small pieces.
- Crush garlic and keep aside.
- Debone the tandoori chicken cautiously so that no bone pieces are left over which will else spoil the taste of the chicken salad.
- Cut the tandoori chicken roughly into small pieces of 1 cm.
- Chop the mint leaves roughly. Chop the coriander leaves into small pieces.
- Now mix the hung yogurt, chopped lettuce, red cabbage, salt to taste, sugar, black salt, salad mixture, mayonaise, crushed black pepper, garlic, blanched brocolli, chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves and mix well.
- In case you are not able to find the salad mixture mentioned above, you can also use the Italian seasoning provided by Dominos with their pizzas.
- Now add the sweet chili sauce and sweet onion sauce and mix well.
- Add the tandoori chicken pieces and mix well.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for next 15 minutes to let cool.
You are now ready to serve the Tandoori Chicken Salad with Nachos.
Chicken Salad – Tandoori Chicken Salad,