Tandoori Chicken Parcel – Yummy Tandoori Chicken
Tandoori Chicken Parcel is my own invention to give a new dimension to the tandoori chicken. The tandoori chicken parcel is easy to prepare and it requires a bit patience to prepare it. The tandoori chicken filled in wraps, with fresh vegetables and glazed with egg gives the dish an unique flavor and a treat to the taste buds. The tandoori chicken parcel can be served best with green chutney or with red chili garlic chutney. Tandoori chicken itself has a great flavor which is furhter improvised to give it a new flavor. Hope you enjoy the delicious tandoori chicken parcel.
Recipe – Tandoori Chicken Parcel
45 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for baking
- 200 grams all purpose flour
- 600 grams tandoori chicken
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chat masala
- 100 grams yogurt
- 100 grams broccolli
- 100 grams iceberg lettuce
- 50 grams red cabbage
- 4-5 flakes garlic
- 2 green chilies
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- 1 teaspoon salad salt
- 7-8 black peppercorns
- 1 egg
- Knead the all purpose flour and keep aside. The dough should not be very hard nor very soft.
- You will need half tandoori chicken cooked a bit crispy but juicy too.
- Debone the tandoori chicken carefully, so that not even a small piece of bone comes up in the dish. This will spoil the taste of the tandoori chicken parcel.
- Once the chicken is deboned, cut the tandoori chicken into small chunks.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over the sliced tandoori chicken pieces and some chat masala and keep aside.
- Hang the yogurt in a muslin cloth for 20 minutes so that all the water is drained out. In the mean time we will prepare our vegetables.
- Break the broccoli florets into small pieces. Heat water in a pan and add 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon salt to it.
- When the water comes to a boil, add the broken broccoli florets to it. Let it again come to a boil. Sieve the broccoli florets and add ice cubes to it and wash it under cold running water, so that it does not over cook in its own latent heat. Remove the ice cubes and keep the broccoli florets on a towel so that excess water is drained off.
- Now chop the iceberg lettuce leaves and red cabbage into tiny pieces and keep aside.
- Peel garlic and crush it and keep aside.
- Crush the black peppercorns.
- Chop the green chilies and green coriander leaves into tiny pieces and keep aside.
- Now to the hung yogurt, add the crushed garlic, crushed black pepper corns, chopped green chilies, black salt, salad salt and keep aside.
- Beat one egg in a bowl and keep aside.
- Now roll thin sheets of the dough prepared by all purpose flour (You can also get the spring roll sheets in the market). The sheets should be as thin as you can roll. Now using a sharp knife cut square sheets of around 5 inches width.
- Now comes the layering and the tricky part. Pick up the square sheet in your hand such that the center part is at your palm. Add 1 tablespoon tandoori chicken pieces on the sheet. Now add 1 tsp yogurt mixture which makes up the second layer. Add the third layer of chopped iceberg lettuce leaves and red cabbage. The fourth layer will be of chopped and blanched broccolli.
- Once done, carefully apply little water on the sides of the square sheet. Now fold one corner of the square over the parcel. Next the opposite corner and then the remaining two corners. The packing should completely seal the mixture inside, lest it will start leaking when put in the oven. Prepare all the parcels first and keep aside for 2 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 250 degrees for 20 minutes. In a baking tray brush oil and then place the parcels gently.
- Place the parcels in the oven at 160 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Now, take out the parcels, brush oil on the top part of the parcels and place it again in the oven for next 5 minutes.
- Pull out the parcels again. Brush the beaten egg over the parcels and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves over the parcel.
- Sprinkle some crushed black pepper and place it back in the oven to bake for next 5-8 minutes.
You are now ready to serve the tandoori chicken parcel hot with green chutney or red chili garlic chutney.
Tandoori Chicken Parcel,