Poi Saag – Yummy flavors of Vineet
Poi Saag is a delicious, healthy and a very easy oriya recipe of poi green leaves. The dish is best when served with mathri or with steamed rice and paneer kurkure. The healthy and yummy poi saag is ready in a few minutes. In case poi saag is not available to you, you can also use the fresh palak (spinach) leaves. The dish was created by Chef Vineet Bhatia in Twist with taste aired on Fox History. Hope you enjoy the recipe.
Recipe – Poi Saag
10 minutes for preparation, 10 minutes for cooking
- 500 grams Poi leaves
- 1/2 inch ginger cube
- 5 flakes garlic
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoon cream
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pan water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- One point to note, poi saag might not be available in all parts of India, so spinach can be used as a substitute of poi saag.
- Blanch the poi saag in boiling water for 1 minute and then sieve it.
- Wash the blanched saag in cold water so that the saag does not get over cooked.
- Grind and make a puree of the blanched saag.
- Chop ginger, garlic and green chilies finely.
- In a pan add oil. Add cumin seeds to it.
- When spluttering; add ginger, garlic and green chilies and mix well.
- Add the pureed blanched poi saag. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add cream, salt and garam masala and cook for 2 another minutes.
You are now ready to serve Poi Saag with crispy mathris or steamed rice.