Lachcha Paratha – Delicious Treat
Lachcha Paratha is the delicious and easy dish, which is served with most of the currys and tandoor recipes is in northern India. The lachcha paratha can be easily found in most parts of New Delhi. However the paratha has gained a lot of publicity in the recent past. The only trick to prepare the lachcha paratha is the way it is folded, that gives it a layery structure. You can also use the spicy gunpowder while preparing the lachcha paratha. The gunpowder gives them the lachcha paratha spiciness and an entirely different taste.
Recipe – Lachcha Paratha
15 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for cooking
- 200 grams all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Water for kneading
- 2-3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon gunpowder (optional)
- To prepare the Lachcha Paratha, we will need all-purpose flour, oil, salt and water. Mix the all-purpose flour, oil, salt and water and prepared a soft dough.
- Leave the dough aside for 10 minutes. We are now ready to start rolling the dough for the lachcha paratha.
- As shown in figure 1, take a ball of dough.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a thin sheet as shown in figure 2.
- Now apply butter on the thin sheet on the topside as in figure 3.
- You can now sprinkle gunpowder in case you need the spicy flavor.
- Now, start flipping the turns of the thin sheet as shown in figure 4.
- Once you are done with the alternate flipping of the dough, it should look like as shown in figure 5. Now roll the resulting strip into a disc shaped structure as shown in 6 and 7.
- Roll the paratha again with a rolling pin without much pressuring it.
- Heat the pan. Put the lachcha paratha with the fluffy side facing the heat on the pan first.
- Let cook on low flame for 2 minutes. Now flip the paratha on the pan, and brush oil on the top side.
- Let cook at the lower part. Flip and brush oil again.
- Let cook for another few minutes until reddish in color.
You are now ready to serve the hot lachcha paratha.