Egg Rulab – Delicious Stuffed Egg
Egg Rulab is a delicious, healthy and easy to prepare dish. The recipe was aired on Zee Khana Khazana and is pretty easy to prepare. The stuffing prepared is yummy and can be prepared with more vegetables if required. However, have used only a few vegetables as shown in the recipe. The dish is best when served with red chili garlic chutney and Lachcha Paratha. Hope you enjoy the delicious recipe!!
Recipe – Egg Rulab
15 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for cooking
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoon milk (optional)
- 1 tomato
- 7-8 button mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 4-5 black peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Cut tomato, button mushrooms, onion, coriander leaves and green chilies into small pieces and keep aside.
- Chop the coriander into tiny pieces.
- Crush the black peppercorns coarsely.
- Beat eggs with butter and salt.
- You can also add little milk to it, if you want to make the egg rulab omelette fluffy.
- To the pan add oil and let heat.
- Add the beaten eggs to it and let cook on low flame.
- When cooked properly from the bottom part, flip the omelette and cook from the other side too.
- When done, remove the omelette from the pan and keep side.
- Now to prepare the stuffing, add oil to the pan and let heat.
- Add the chopped onions and sprinkle a little salt.
- Remember you have added salt to the omelette as well.
- When the onions start turning little brownish, add the mushrooms and mix well.
- Let cook on low-medium flame for the next 5-6 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes and green chilies and mix well.
- Cook until the water has evaporated completely.
- Add crushed black peppercorns to the pan and salt if needed.
- Add a pinch of sugar and let cook for next 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat source and sprinkle coriander leaves.
- Mix well and then fill the prepared stuffing in the omelette prepared earlier.