Dhaba Bhindi Fry
Eating food at dhabas during travelling has its own thrill and taste. Dhaba Dal Fry, Paneer Bhurji or Bhindi Fry with Tandoori Rotis is one of the most commonly ordered dishes through out northern part of India. Dhabas have their own style of cooking and there are a very few of them who can hold their customers to re-visit every next time people visit the area. Here have put up a recipe of Dhaba Bhindi Fry which I had on the way from Ajmer to Jaipur. Hope you enjoy the delicious dish.
Recipe – Dhaba Bhindi Fry
15 minutes for preparation, 20 minutes for cooking
- 300 grams ladies finger (okra)
- 3 big onions
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon onion seeds (kalonji)
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Slice off the head of the okra pieces.
- Slit them into halves vertically and then into halves horizontally.
- This will result in four pieces of okra from each okra piece. Slice all the okra pieces and keep aside.
- Now add to the okra pieces add 1 tablespoon oil, coriander powder, jeera powder and red chili powder and keep aside.
- This will help you make the Dhaba Bhindi Fry spicy enough.
- Slice the onions into thin slices and keep aside.
- To a pan add oil and let heat. Add cumin seeds and onion seeds and let them splutter.
- Add sliced onions to the pan and increase the heat.
- Saute the onions for 1 minute. Now sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt on the onions and mix well.
- Reduce the flame to medium and let cook until the onion slices start turning reddish in color.
- Add the sliced okra pieces to the pan and increase the flame to high.
- Mix well and let cook for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle lemon juice and mix well.
- The lemon juice helps to reduce the stickiness of the okra pieces.
- Sprinkle salt to taste and mix well. Toss and let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
You are now ready to serve hot dhaba bhindi fry with dhaba dal tadka and tandoori rotis.
Dhaba Bhindi Fry – Easy Okra Recipe,