Chicken Kebab – Recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor
The delicious recipe of Chicken Kebab was aired on Zee Khana Khazana by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. An easy recipe of chicken which has mild flavors of the roasted spices gives the dish an awesome flavor. The chicken kebab can be prepared in oven, tandoor and even on a tawa. Hope you enjoy the delicious recipe of Chicken Kebab!!!
Recipe – Chicken Kebab
20 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for marination, 25 minutes for baking
- 400 grams boneless chicken
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 5-6 pieces cloves
- 2 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 5-6 green cardamom
- 2 red onions
- 4-5 cashew nuts (kaju)
- 3-4 almonds (badam)
- 8-9 black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup hung yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water. In case you don’t find the bamboo skewers, use the toothpicks available in the marked readily. Soak the toothpicks in the water for 5-10 minutes.
- Roast cinnamon, cloves, coriander seeds, cardamom and let it cool. Grind the cooled spices into a fine powder.
- Roast the onions with skin in an oven for 30 – 40 minutes.
- In case the oven is not available, you can roast the onions on the gas flame at a low flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Let the onions cool. Peel off the skin from the roasted onions. Make paste of kaju (cashew nuts) and badam (almond).
- In a grinder add the peeled roasted onions, paste of kaju and badam, ginger garlic paste, crushed black peppercorns, hung yogurt, salt, kala namak and crushed masala and mix well. The marinade is now ready.
- Slice boneless chicken into thin pieces. Skew them in the bamboo skewers.
- Keep the chicken pieces in a bowl, add the prepared marinade mixture and leave for 30 minutes.
- To a preheated oven at 250 degrees centigrade, add the chicken skewers and bake it 200 degrees for 20- 25 minutes.
- Brush with ghee when nearly done. Bake again for 5-7 minutes. In case oven is not available, add ghee to the non-stick pan and add the marinaded chicken pieces. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Turn around the chicken pieces and cook from the other side too.
Serve the Chicken Kebab with the onion slices and dhania chutney.