Chicken Bharta – Yummy Chicken Dish
Chicken Bharta is a delicious and easy to prepare chicken dish. The delicious chicken bharta is prepared in a few minutes and is spicy and best when served with tandoori rotis. The spicy chicken bharta has the flavors of chicken with semi-cooked onions and the aroma of fresh coriander leaves. I had this dish with Saurabh and Amit at Chapual’s restaurant in Ansal Plaza, Gurgaon and since then I had been waiting to prepare the yummy dish and here it comes for all my friends. The recipe was tried from one of the recipe books of Nita Mehta. Enjoy the yummy and easy to prepare chicken bharta.
Recipe – Chicken Bharta
15 minutes for preparation, 20 minutes for cooking
- 500 grams boneless chicken
- 3 onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon saboot dhania
- 1 1/2 piece ginger
- 10 garlic flakes
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 big tomato to puree
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam msala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon aamchoor powder
- 2 tablespoon kasoori methi
- 2 green chilies
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander
- Chop the boneless chicken into thin strips.
- Now further chop small pieces out of those long chicken strips.
- Chop the onions, green chilies, ginger and garlic into tiny pieces.
- Chop the coriander leaves into small pieces.
- Coarsely crush the coriander seeds.
- Make the tomato puree of one tomato and chop the rest of the three tomatoes into small pieces.
- To a pan add oil and let it heat. Add the chicken pieces and let them cook on high flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the chopped ginger and garlic and mix well. Let cook until it looks like the chicken pieces are cooked well.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Let cook until the tomatoes start turning pulpy.
- Add the tomato puree and mix.
- Add 1/2 cup water and then the coarsely ground coriander seeds, red chili flakes, garam masala, coriander powder, aamchoor powder and salt to taste. Mix well and let the water vanish.
- Now add the chopped onions and green chilies and mix well.
- Cook until the onions turn a bit soft, remember we do not need to cook the onions completely.
- Add the kasuri methi and the chopped coriander leaves. Cook for next 2-3 minutes on high flame.
You are now ready to serve the hot chicken bharta with tandoori rotis.