Amritsari Masala Kulcha – Delicious Kulcha
Amritsari Masala Kulcha is of the famous recipes served with pindi chole, matar chole, chicken haldighati or tandoori chicken and it even is a part of one of the famous recipes of chole kulche. It is an easy recipe and a delicious one that can be easily cooked at home in an oven, which was aired on one of the episodes of Masterchef India. The hot kulchas smeared with butter give an unique blend of taste. Hope you certainly try out this recipe at home.
Recipe – Amritsari Masala Kulcha
15 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for cooking
- 250 grams all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups water
- 2 green chilies
- 2 large onions
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon onion seeds (kalonji)
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- Mix yeast in luke warm milk and water. The ratio of milk and water will be 1 part milk and 3 parts water. Add half teaspoon of sugar the the mixture. Mix it well. Now use this to mixture to all purpose flour and make a dough. Let the dough remain for 20-30 minutes.
- Cut onions and chilies into tiny pieces. Mix salt, red chili powder to the cut pieces and leave it for some time.
- Squeeze out any extra water released from the onions. Now make balls of the dough.
- Then press it to make a cup shape and fill the onion stuffing into the cups and close them.
- Make balls again and keep them aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Now preheat the oven to 250 degrees Centigrade for 10 minutes.
- To the baking tray apply some oil. Press the balls with your fingers to make them into small circles.
- Place it on the baking tray.
- Apply some butter, onion seeds and coriander on the open end. Cook for 8-10 minutes in the oven at 160 degrees Centigrade.
- You are now ready to serve the Masala Kulcha with Pindi Chole, Chole Kulche, Chicken Haldighati, and many more gravy recipes.
Amritsari Masala Kulcha,